Earn 3 free CLE credits while educating top collegiate mock trial competitors!
The nonprofit Empire Mock Trial Association (“EMTA”), in conjunction with NYU Mock trial, is pleased to invite you to our eighth annual Downtown Invitational mock trial tournament on January 25-27 at Kings County Supreme Court in Brooklyn. Each year the Downtown brings together sixteen of the top collegiate trial advocacy teams. This year’s field includes Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Virginia, and the defending national champion, Florida State University.
You can help teach talented, motivated college students about the law by volunteering just a few hours of your time. In exchange, we’ll provide you with free non-transitional CLE credits in the category of skills.
I’ve included general information about the event below, and you can register to judge here: http://www.empiremocktrial.org/site/judge.
- Features four preliminary rounds of competition, and you can judge as many or as few as you like—no litigation experience is required
- Please free to invite a friend or colleague to co-judge with you at the tournament. We’ll pair you together!
- 16 top trial advocacy teams will compete including Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Virginia, and defending national champion Florida State University
- We’ll serve complimentary food and beverages as a token of our appreciation
- Registering takes less than a minute – just visit our site
We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to call (917-426-EMTA) or e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org)