Have you registered for the 2016 NAPABA Convention in San Diego? Don’t miss out on what we have in store for you and over 1,600 legal professionals on Friday, Nov. 4!
- 27 CLE breakout sessions featuring a diverse array of cutting-edge legal topics and experts in their fields!
- 3 NAPALSA sessions to develop skills as law students and jump-start your career in the legal profession!
- Luncheon & Plenary Session | The Portrait Project: A Portrait of Asian Americans in Law
Generously supported by Duane Morris
Presenting findings from a first-of-its-kind comprehensive study on the past, present, and future of Asian Americans in the legal profession, this plenary session will be led by California Supreme Court Justice Goodwin Liu and Yale Law Professor Ian Ayre. Over the past three decades, Asian Americans have been the fastest-growing group in the legal profession. Asian American enrollment in law school has more than quadrupled since the mid-1980s, and today there are nearly 50,000 lawyers who are Asian American, a 250% increase since the year 2000. Within the span of a generation, Asian Americans have become a visible presence in all sectors of the legal profession. Yet there has never been a systematic study of the career paths of Asian Americans in the law. The Portrait Project is the first such effort.
- Daniel K. Inouye Trailblazer Award Reception
Generously supported by Walmart
The Daniel K. Inouye Trailblazer Award, NAPABA’s highest honor, recognizes the outstanding achievements, commitment, and leadership of lawyers who have paved the way for the advancement of other Asian Pacific American attorneys. Trailblazers have demonstrated vision, courage, and tenacity in their practice. They have also made substantial and lasting contributions to the Asian Pacific American legal profession, as well as the broader Asian Pacific American community. Join us as we celebrate this year’s exceptional award recipients.
- Networking Receptions
- In-House Counsel Reception | Generously supported by Prudential
- Insurance Law Committee Reception
- Joint Corporate Transactions, Real Property & Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors’/Debtors’ Rights Reception
- Solo & Small Firm Network Reception
- Women’s Leadership Network Reception
- Late Night Karaoke
Generously supported by JAMS
Take part in the official NAPABA late night activity and annual tradition of karaoke!
For a more complete schedule of our Friday programming and a look at what the rest of Convention has to offer, view the Convention agenda here.