With less than 3 weeks left until the General Elections on Tuesday, November 6th, we are gearing up for our final push to get out the vote! Come join us in door knocking or phone banking at any of the following times and locations through to the day of the Elections. A few hours of your time and enthusiasm can make a tremendous difference for our communities: For the first time ever, we are voting for our state and federal offices in newly drawn districts. Now more than ever, it is critical that we have a large presence at the elections.
Tuesday, Oct. 23rd, 6:00PM
Thursday, Oct. 25th, 6:00PM
Tuesday, Oct. 30th 6:00PM
Thursday, Nov. 1st, 6:00PM
Monday, Nov. 5th, 6:00PM
Wednesday, Oct. 24th, 6:00PM
Monday, Oct. 29th, 6:00PM
Wednesday, Oct. 31st 6:00PM
Sunday, Nov. 4th, 4:00PM
Tuesday, Nov. 6th – All day!
If You are Interested, Please Contact Us:
You are cordially invited to attend the Korean American League for Civic Action’s Open House on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 from 6:30 pm to 9 pm at KALCA: 149 W. 24th Street, 6th Floor (between 6th and 7th Aves).
Open House will be an evening for you to learn more about KALCA’s programs and how you can get involved, give back, and be part of a growing community. First 25 people to RSVP and attend the Open House will also receive a free pass for our next Happy Hour in the fall.
At the Open House you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn why it’s important for Asian Americans to vote by taking part in our TRIVIA NIGHT! Questions will pertain to general facts about politics to statistics on voting participatory rates the APIA community. EARN PRIZES, including a Starbucks gift card.
- Volunteer to help canvass Asian American voters in New York City, Sign up to be a mentor to the college interns during our summer internship program, or join the events planning team for our happy hour fundraisers.
- Meet KALCA’s Board of Directors and Steering Committee members and and get to know us.
- Network with fellow Asian American professionals who care about the community and share your interests with us.
Refreshments will be served. Please RSVP to email@example.com to reserve your spot today.
Phone banking to Get out the Vote for the Primary Election
Monday, September 10, 2012
6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
25 West 18th Street, 5th Floor (between 5th and 6th Aves.)
Dinner will be provided.
If you are able to volunteer even 45 minutes between 6:30 and 8 pm, we need people to call registered voters to remind them to vote during the primary election. If you are willing to volunteer, please send a RSVP email to Sandy@kalca.org.
On September 13, 2012, the primary for local state offices will be held. This is an important moment for registered members of political parties to cast their ballot for a nominee to represent their party. With the general election just months away, the primary will set the stage for what will be one of the most important election years.
Be part of the history-making process and remember to cast your vote on September 13!
MinKwon Center needs your help! With less than 3 weeks left until the State Primary Elections on Thursday, September 13th, we are gearing up for our GOTV work to conduct phone banking and door knocking. For the first time ever, we are voting for our next State Senators and Assembly members in newly drawn districts. Now more than ever, it is critical that we have a large Asian American presence at the elections. Here is what you can do:
Join the MinKwon Center for Community Action for some Exciting GOTV Activities!
- Wednesday, Aug. 29th, 6:00PM MinKwon Center
- Tuesday, Sept. 4th, 6:00PM MinKwon Center
- Thursday, Sept. 6th 6:00PM MinKwon Center
- Monday, Sept. 10th, 6:00PM MinKwon Center
- Wednesday, Sept. 12th, 6:00PM MinKwon Center
- Thursday, Aug. 30th, 6:00PM Meet at MinKwon Center
- Wednesday, Sept. 5th, 6:00PMMeet at MinKwon Center
- Sunday, Sept. 9th, 4:00PMMeet at MinKwon Center
- Tuesday, Sept. 11th, 6:00PMMeet at MinKwon Center
If you are interested in volunteering, please let us know today! Dinner will be provided as well as community service credit if applicable. Please forward this email to anyone who would like to get involved and gain important electoral experience. Don’t miss your chance to make a difference in these historic elections!