PALS Presents: The Vast Opportunities as In-House Counsel
The panelists will represent various companies and in-house positions.
They will provide law students and junior attorneys of color in attendance a general understanding of their position, perspectives on working as attorneys in-house, and advice on how to tailor their careers to take advantage of these wonderful opportunities.
Vice President, Private Banking Advisory
Reginald M. Rasch
Chief Compliance Officer & Legal Counsel
VTB Capital Inc.
Director, US Bank Regulatory
Lisa Martinez Wolmart
Vice President & Corporate Counsel, Enterprise Litigation Group
The Prudential Insurance Company of America
María D. Meléndez, Esq.
Sidley Austin LLP
with your name & affiliation
PALS Mission Statement:
PALS is dedicated to enhancing the skills and careers of minority law students and early career attorneys. PALS does this by offering customized mentoring, educational and professional development opportunities. PALS provides resources to augment the law school and employer training of, respectively, minority law students and beginning lawyers, and will continue to offer its services free of charge.
PALS is a 501©(3) not-for-profit organization
Providing Mentoring, Career and Skills Development for Minorities in the Legal Profession
From our friends at PALS: Sign up to be a Mentor today!
Strengthen the Legal Diversity Pipeline
by Sponsoring a PALS Mentee
The PALS Mentoring Program
Matches diverse law students with practicing attorneys,
who serve as professional development resources,
and has done so for more than 25 years.
Attorney Mentors Make an Impact
● Join a community of diversity champion attorneys mentoring the next wave of leaders of color in the legal profession.
● Be rewarded with your gift of sharing your time and talents with unparalleled networking opportunities.
● Positively guide a mentee’s career path, course selection and the road to success!
Become a Mentor Today!
Commit 2-4 hours per month
to a designated PALS Mentee.
Signup today at: www.palsprogram.org/mentor
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Attorneys Who Have Previously Created a Profile on the PALS Website:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate that you would like to be considered for participation in the mentoring program as a “mentor”.
2. Utilize Email Subject: “PALS 2013 Mentor”
3. PALS will respond to your email within 7 business days, indicating a completed mentor profile status.
4. Please log-in Here to update your profile today!
Attorneys who have NOT Created an Attorney Profile on the PALS Website:
1. Visit www.palsprogram.org/mentor and fill in all requested information on the online form.
2. PALS will respond to your email within 7 business days, indicating a completed mentor profile status.
We thank you for your willingness to volunteer as a mentor in the past. If you would like an additional PALS Mentee, or if you have lost touch with your PALS Mentee and are interested in being assigned a new PALS Mentee, please update your profile and let us know via email at email@example.com .
PALS Mentoring Manual and sign a Participation Agreement with their mentor.