Judge at Empire New York
Earn 3 CLE credits for FREE while taking part in a great cause!
The nonprofit Empire Mock Trial is pleased to invite you to participate as a judge in its tenth annual “World Championship” mock trial program on November 12-13 at the federal court in Brooklyn. Over 650 talented high school students from across the globe are traveling to the Big Apple and they need you to serve as their mock judges and jurors but real life educators! By volunteering just a few hours of your time, you can make a meaningful impact in these young people’s lives while earning CLE credit in the process. It’s a win-win for everyone!
I’ve included general information about the program below, and you can register to judge HERE.
- Features four preliminary rounds of competition, and you can judge as many or as few as you like—no litigation experience is required.
- Please feel free to invite a friend or colleague to judge with you at the program. We’ll pair you together!
- Our participants hail from 7 countries (Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, Korea, United Kingdom, and the United States) and 20 states.
- We’ll serve complimentary food and beverages as a token of our appreciation.
- NEW this year: pre-trial evidentiary argument and “guest witnesses” – one witness must come from a different team, meeting the directing attorney less than an hour before trial!
- Registering takes less than a minute – you can do so here.
We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have; simply call (917-426-3682) or email us at[email protected]. Thank you!