The Honorable Dora L. Irizarry, U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of New York, currently is accepting applications for Spring 2022 Internships.
- Must be a second or third year law student.
- Must have good grades.
- Must have good research, writing, and analytical skills, although participation in Law Review or a Journal is not a prerequisite.
- Military and/or other life/career experience is a plus.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, interested law students should forward their application package in PDF format via email to email@example.com.
- One-page cover letter briefly describing your background, why you are interested in a legal career and setting forth why you are interested in interning for Judge Irizarry specifically.
- Law school transcript. Self-prepared transcripts will not be accepted.
- One recent writing sample no longer than 10 pages. Journal or research articles will not be accepted.
- A list of 2-3 references with their contact information. Reference letters preferably should be included with the submitted package, but also may be sent to chambers at the chambers email address above and not directly to the Judge.
The deadline for receipt of materials is November 1, 2021.
Please note that, while these are not paid internships, the Judge will participate in any appropriate sponsored program that provides academic credit or stipends for interns.
If you have further questions, please contact chambers at: 718-613-2150.