The Honorable Dora L. Irizarry, U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of New York, is currently accepting applications for a Clerkship, starting in October 2021.
- At least two years of practice as an attorney prior to start date of clerkship.
- Excellent grades.
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills, although participation in Law Review or a Journal is not a prerequisite.
- Military and/or other life/career experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and the delay in delivery and processing of U.S. mail, interested applicants must forward their application package in PDF format via email to email@example.com.
Application package must include:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in a clerkship with Judge Irizarry and career goals.
- Official law school transcript.
- One writing sample of recent vintage, no longer than 15 pages. Journal or research articles will NOT be accepted.
- Three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a recent employer.
The deadline for receipt of materials is May 17, 2021.
If you have further questions, please contact chambers at: 718-613-2150.