Register to Judge at The Downtown
Empire Mock Trial, an education nonprofit, in partnership with New York University, seeks volunteer attorneys to judge at the Downtown Collegiate Program, scheduled for January 20-21. Empire Mock Trial is looking for attorneys to serve as a judge or juror for one three (3) hour trial, which includes a complimentary meal and brief orientation session. Students hail from some of the nation’s top universities, including Harvard, Yale and Columbia; attorneys receive 3 free CLE credits for volunteering.
Find out more program information on Empire Mock Trial’s website here—it takes less than 5 minutes for volunteers to register. This is a win-win opportunity for everyone: the local community gets to empower the next generation of leaders, while students learn from their knowledge and expertise.
If you have any questions, call Empire Mock Trial at 646-481-2332 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earn 3 free CLE credits while educating top collegiate mock trial competitors!
The nonprofit Empire Mock Trial Association (“EMTA”), in conjunction with NYU Mock trial, is pleased to invite you to our eighth annual Downtown Invitational mock trial tournament on January 25-27
at Kings County Supreme Court
in Brooklyn. Each year the Downtown brings together sixteen of the top collegiate trial advocacy teams. This year’s field includes Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Virginia, and the defending national champion, Florida State University.
You can help teach talented, motivated college students about the law by volunteering just a few hours of your time. In exchange, we’ll provide you with free non-transitional CLE credits in the category of skills.
- Features four preliminary rounds of competition, and you can judge as many or as few as you like—no litigation experience is required
- Please free to invite a friend or colleague to co-judge with you at the tournament. We’ll pair you together!
- 16 top trial advocacy teams will compete including Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Virginia, and defending national champion Florida State University
- We’ll serve complimentary food and beverages as a token of our appreciation
- Registering takes less than a minute – just visit our site
We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to call (917-426-EMTA) or e-mail us (email@example.com