Win $500 in Scholarship Awards from OCA-Long Island!
OCA-Long Island is pleased to announce its annual essay competition for high school students during 2014-2015 school year. Awards of $500 for first place and $300 for second place will be granted to students with the two best original essays and who demonstrate qualities of excellence in academic work.
Essay Question: What does it mean to be an Asian Pacific American today?
Eligibility and Application Process
1. The scholarship is open to all Asian Americans who are high school students during 2014-2015 school year residing in Queens, Brooklyn, Nassau or Suffolk Counties.
2. The essay must be between 700 to 1000 words and submitted by August 31, 2015.
3. A copy of the student’s high school transcript must accompany submission of the essay.
4. Essays should be submitted by email:
- Email submissions must be in MSWord and sent as attachments to [email protected]. Attn: Kenny Kwong. Please write “Scholarship Essay” in the subject line.
5. Scholarship winners must be present to accept the award at the OCA-LI Gala on Friday, October 23, 2015 at the Dae Dong Manor in Flushing, NY.
6. OCA Long Island reserves the right to publish submitted essays for promotional purposes.
For questions, please contact Dr. Kenny Kwong via email: [email protected]