Earn 3 free CLE credits while educating top collegiate mock trial competitors!
The nonprofit Empire Mock Trial Association (“EMTA”), in conjunction with NYU Mock trial, is pleased to invite you to our eighth annual Downtown Invitational mock trial tournament on January 25-27
at Kings County Supreme Court
in Brooklyn. Each year the Downtown brings together sixteen of the top collegiate trial advocacy teams. This year’s field includes Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Virginia, and the defending national champion, Florida State University.
You can help teach talented, motivated college students about the law by volunteering just a few hours of your time. In exchange, we’ll provide you with free non-transitional CLE credits in the category of skills.
- Features four preliminary rounds of competition, and you can judge as many or as few as you like—no litigation experience is required
- Please free to invite a friend or colleague to co-judge with you at the tournament. We’ll pair you together!
- 16 top trial advocacy teams will compete including Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Virginia, and defending national champion Florida State University
- We’ll serve complimentary food and beverages as a token of our appreciation
- Registering takes less than a minute – just visit our site
We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to call (917-426-EMTA) or e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org
Earn 3 CLE credits – for FREE – while educating aspiring young attorneys about the law!
The Empire Mock Trial Association (“EMTA”) – a NYC based 501 ©(3) not-for-profit organization – is pleased to invite you to its sixth annual international mock trial tournament: the Empire City Invitational. You can help teach talented, motivated high school students about the law by volunteering just a few hours of your time as a judge.
The event will take place on October 27-29 at the Kings County Supreme Court (360 Adams Street, Brooklyn, NY). To find out more and register go to http://www.empiremocktrial.org/site/judge.
- Earn 3 CLE credits in the category of skills for participation
- Please feel free to invite a friend or colleague to co-judge with you at the tournament.
- EMTA’s participants have hailed from 5 countries (Canada, Ireland, Korea, United Kingdom and the United States) and 26 U.S. states
- Features four rounds of competition, and you can judge as many or as few as you like—no litigation experience is required
- Complimentary food and beverages will be served
For more information call (917-426-EMTA) or e-mail email@example.com.
“All In For Life” Charity Poker Tournament
Asian Americans for Hope (AAFH), Young Korean American Network (YKAN), and Taiwanese American Professionals (TAP) invite you to support a wonderful cause and put a “bad beat” on cancer – 100% of the proceeds directed towards programs, services, and education on cancer prevention program of American Cancer Society Asian Initiatives for the Asian American community.
Saturday April 7th 2012, 3pm – 8pm
J’Adore (37 West 17th Street, New York, NY 10011)
Tickets can be purchased online at http://allinforlifecharitypoker.eventbrite.com/