Earn 3 CLE credits – for FREE – while educating aspiring young attorneys about the law!
The Empire Mock Trial Association (“EMTA”) – a NYC based 501 ©(3) not-for-profit organization – is pleased to invite you to its sixth annual international mock trial tournament: the Empire City Invitational. You can help teach talented, motivated high school students about the law by volunteering just a few hours of your time as a judge.
The event will take place on October 27-29 at the Kings County Supreme Court (360 Adams Street, Brooklyn, NY). To find out more and register go to http://www.empiremocktrial.org/site/judge.
- Earn 3 CLE credits in the category of skills for participation
- Please feel free to invite a friend or colleague to co-judge with you at the tournament.
- EMTA’s participants have hailed from 5 countries (Canada, Ireland, Korea, United Kingdom and the United States) and 26 U.S. states
- Features four rounds of competition, and you can judge as many or as few as you like—no litigation experience is required
- Complimentary food and beverages will be served
For more information call (917-426-EMTA) or e-mail email@example.com.
You are cordially invited to attend the Korean American League for Civic Action’s Open House on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 from 6:30 pm to 9 pm at KALCA: 149 W. 24th Street, 6th Floor (between 6th and 7th Aves).
Open House will be an evening for you to learn more about KALCA’s programs and how you can get involved, give back, and be part of a growing community. First 25 people to RSVP and attend the Open House will also receive a free pass for our next Happy Hour in the fall.
At the Open House you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn why it’s important for Asian Americans to vote by taking part in our TRIVIA NIGHT! Questions will pertain to general facts about politics to statistics on voting participatory rates the APIA community. EARN PRIZES, including a Starbucks gift card.
- Volunteer to help canvass Asian American voters in New York City, Sign up to be a mentor to the college interns during our summer internship program, or join the events planning team for our happy hour fundraisers.
- Meet KALCA’s Board of Directors and Steering Committee members and and get to know us.
- Network with fellow Asian American professionals who care about the community and share your interests with us.
Refreshments will be served. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today.