On Tuesday, July 15, AABANY’s Litigation Committee held their Kick-Off Meeting at the offices of Akin Gump. New Committee Chairs Carolyn Mattus and Abraham Cho polled the attendees for how they could best serve the Committee. Ideas included:
- Trial Skills Workshops
- How to Take a Deposition Training
- Other Professional Development
- Peer Group Mentoring
- Committee Meetings with a CLE component
- Mooting Students for Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition
- Social Events
- Happy Hours
- Litigation Message Board/Forum
- Litigation Committee Member Directory
If you’re a litigator or law student interested in litigation, take their survey and let them know what kind of programming would serve you best: http://bit.ly/aabanylitigation
Their already scheduled upcoming programs include the AABANY Annual Picnic on Aug. 9 and the Trial Advocacy Program during our Sixth Annual Fall Conference on Sept. 19. It’s not too late to sign up for those events!
We’d love to hear from you!