AABANY congratulates Irene Chiu, VP and General Counsel of GCA Therapeutics, who was honored by the National Diversity Council (NDC) as one of the recipients of the Most Powerful and Influential Women Award at their Tri-State Diversity & Leadership Conference held on August 27, 2015, at the New Yorker Hotel in midtown Manhattan. Ms. Chiu was the only Asian Pacific American honoree for this year’s award.
The NDC is the first non-profit organization to bring together the private, public and non-profit sectors to discuss the many dimensions and benefits of a multicultural environment.
The Most Powerful and Influential Women Award carries the following criteria:
- Provides leadership excellence in the public and/or private sectors
- Sustains a record of accomplishments and/or contributions to field of work throughout scope of her career
- Has clout within her organization in terms of significant impact on revenues, profitability, and/or direction of the organization
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to community well-being and/or high visibility in the community
- Exhibits and demonstrates a commitment to the highest ethical standards and professional excellence
Ms. Chiu received the Emerging Leader Award from AABANY at its Annual Dinner in 2011. (Photo credit: Steve Wu.) Her latest recognition demonstrates that she remains a leader and exemplary role model for APA women and lawyers.
Please join us in congratulating Irene Chiu on her achievement and well-deserved honor.