Film Lab & Time Warner Screening & Panel on Media Constructions of BEAUTY
Mass Media Constructions of Beauty: The Consequences of Allowing Judgment Based On What We Look Like Rather Than Who We Are
A Special Film Lab/Time Warner/Turner/HBO Event
Join the Film Lab and Time Warner and the APEX group for a special screening of films from the 2015 72 Hour Shootout that focus on mainstream constructions of beauty and their consequences and a networking reception.
The screening will be followed by a panel discussing the societal implications of mainstream beauty images, including:
- Rick Guidotti, award winning fashion photographer and advocate for those with genetic differences
- Lia Chang, former model, journalist, actor, and photographer
- Becky Curran, SAG-AFTRA Coordinator for Equal Employment and Diversity
- Blue Michael, Model and Founder of Blue Michael Cosmetics
- Moderator: Jennifer Betit Yen, Actor and President of the Asian American Film Lab
Films screened may include some surprises! Among them will be Look Deeper: Beauty, Hide & Seek, Funny Faces, Bare, The Other Woman, Finding You, Put It On, and Beautifully Something. Keep posted as we continue to update the lineup!
Advance RSVPs are required for catering and security and no day-of attendees will be permitted entrance.
For more information and to register, click on the link in the title.