LES CPP – Parenting Skills Workshops
6 classes: Saturdays 5/21, 5/28, 6/4, 6/11, 6/18 and 6/25
Time: 10.30am to 1.30pm (15 min break given. Parents may bring breakfast.)
Location: University Settlement Houston Street Center @ 273 Bowery NYC 10002
Workshops will be facilitated in Mandarin. Each class will have a stand-alone topic. Topics to be covered:
- Understand your child’s social emotional development and the 5 love language.
- Learn about NYS Child Welfare policies, child abuse and neglect.
- Improve communication and relationship with your child(ren). Put self-care into practice.
- Understand different types of personalities (Myers-Briggs). Consider parental expectations and acceptance towards your child(ren).
- How to improve relationship with family members (including D.V.)
- How to support your child and the challenges they face (e.g. bully, truancy, internet addiction, etc).
Parents who complete the course will receive a Certificate. Those who have good attendance will receive a prize.
Seats are limited. Please RSVP by calling (212) 475-5008, mention Parenting Class. If childcare (3-12 yo) is needed, please make reservations.