“We are everywhere, and we want you to know us. We are united by a common culture, heritage, and commitment to the community.” -Connie Montoya
On July 20, the Filipino American Lawyers Association of New York passed the torch at their first Annual Dinner & Induction of Officers at the New York City Bar Association. Congratulations and good luck to the newly installed officers! We wish President Connie Montoya and her board the best of luck for the coming year. We have the utmost faith in her instincts, judgment, and leadership.
- Concepcion A. Montoya, President
- Vincent J. Roldan, President-Elect
- Rio Guerrero, Immediate Past President
- Maria E. Celis, Recording Secretary
- Elaine M. Calderon, Membership Secretary
- Rodrigo Tordecilla, Treasurer
- Anna Mercado Clark, Board Member
- Noel B. Vales, Board Member
FALA New York also presented the following awards:
- Jasper Cacananta, Lowenstein Sandler – Rising Star Award
- Ryan Letada, NextDayBetter – Business Trailblazer
- Kevin Nadal, City University of New York – Civic Visionary
Judge Lorna Schofield of the Southern District of New York swore the officers into office. The entertainment was provided by the stunning and talented Emy Baysic Vales. Mistress of Ceremonies was Professor Rose Cuison-Villazor. The dinner was catered by Ugly Kitchen. Once again, we would like to thank FALA New York for including us in their momentous year of growth, change, and betterment.