The mission of San Joaquin College of Law is to educate and develop highly skilled attorneys and problem solvers who will benefit their communities through public and private service. The Hmong Language Scholarship (HLS) seeks to aid prospective attorneys who are proficient in the Hmong language so that community may be better served and represented.
As an applicant, you are required to meet the following qualifications to be considered for this scholarship:
- Submit an application to SJCL and be deemed admissible by the SJCL Admission Committee.
- Have an established record of community service.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the Hmong language.
Please attach the following items to this application (applications will not be considered without these attachments):
- A resume demonstrating an established record of community service.
- An essay (no more than 500 words) explaining why you are interested in practicing law in the Valley.
Applications must be submitted no later than June 30, 2017, to:
San Joaquin College of Law
c/o Hmong Language Scholarship Committee
901 5th Street
Clovis, CA 93612
The HLS is a Tuition Reduction Scholarship only, which can only be applied to the applicant’s first year of law school at SJCL. Fifty percent of the Tuition Reduction Scholarship shall be applied to each of the first two semesters. It may not be transferred to another person or institution, and there is no refund if the winner leaves SJCL either due to withdrawal or being academically disqualified. The deadline to accept the HLS is 30 days after it is offered.