The Honorable Dora L. Irizarry, Chief U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of New York, is currently accepting applications for three (3) Fall 2019 internships.
- Must be a second or third year law student.
- Must have good grades.
- Must have strong research, writing, and analytical skills, although participation in Law Review or a Journal is not a prerequisite.
- Military and/or other life/career experience is a plus.
Interested law students should forward via U.S. Postal Service or Fed Ex the following materials [Emails will NOT be accepted]:
- One-page cover letter setting forth why you are interested in an internship.
- Law school transcript.
- One writing sample no longer than 10 pages. Journal or research articles will NOT be accepted.
- A list of 2-3 references with their contact information.
To: Chief Judge Dora L. Irizarry
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of N.Y.
225 Cadman Plaza East
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11201
The deadline for receipt of materials is June 3, 2019.
Please note that, while these are not paid internships, the Chief Judge will participate in any school sponsored program that provides academic credit.
If you have further questions, please contact chambers at: 718-613-2150.