Watch now for insights from the General Counsels of Howmet Aerospace, AmerisourceBergen, eBay, JLL and Target
Why should you “never run away from a job”? What advice would a Chief Legal Officer have for young law firm associates? Why is micromanaging the “worst of all worlds”? Where does confidence come from? And when is the right time to leave a role?
Hear what leading APA General Counsels of Fortune 1000 companies have to say about these questions, and more, on NAPABA Coffee House!
NAPABA Coffee House is a series of one-on-one interviews with APA General Counsels of Fortune 1000 companies hosted by Lawrence Tu, former Chief Legal Officer of CBS Corporation. Whether you are a young lawyer or a seasoned professional, NAPABA Coffee House is brimming with knowledge and experiences we can all learn from.
Watch Episodes 1-5 now:
- Episode 1: Lola Lin, Chief Legal Officer of Howmet Aerospace. Lola Lin is the Chief Legal Officer of Howmet Aerospace, a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. Prior to her role at Howmet, Lola served as General Counsel at Airgas and held various in-house roles at Air Liquide and Dell.
- Episode 2: John Chou, Retiring EVP and Chief Legal Officer at AmerisourceBergen. John Chou is the retiring Chief Legal Officer at AmerisourceBergen, a Top 10 company on the Fortune 500 list and one of the largest global pharmaceutical sourcing and distribution services companies. John joined AmerisourceBergen in 2002. Prior to that, John served as Member at a law firm in Philadelphia, Senior Corporate Counsel at Cigna Corporation, Chief European Counsel at ARCO Chemical Europe, as well as Chief Corporate Counsel and Assistant General Counsel at ARCO Chemical Company.
- Episode 3: Marie Oh Huber, Chief Legal Officer at eBay Inc. Marie Oh Huber is SVP, Chief Legal Officer, General Counsel and Secretary at eBay Inc., a global commerce leader which connects millions of buyers and sellers in more than 190 markets around the world. Marie has been at eBay since 2015. Prior to joining eBay, Marie served as General Counsel at Agilent Technologies, Inc. and corporate counsel at the Hewlett-Packard Company (former name).
- Episode 4: Alan Tse, Global Chief Legal Officer of Jones Lang LaSalle. Alan Tse is Global Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary of Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc (JLL). JLL is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. As December 31, 2020, JLL had an annual revenue of $16.6 billion, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of approximately 91,000. Prior to JLL, Alan was General Counsel at Petco, Churchill Downs, LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A. and two startups.
- Episode 5: Don Liu, Chief Legal and Risk Officer at Target. Don Liu is the Chief Legal and Risk Officer for Target Corporation, where he oversees all legal, risk and compliance, corporate governance and governmental affairs matters for the company. Prior to joining Target in 2016, Don was General Counsel at Xerox Corporation. He also held in-house legal leadership roles at Toll Brothers, IKON Office Solutions, and Aetna U.S. Healthcare.
NAPABA Coffee House is presented by the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) in collaboration with the Harvard Law School Center on the Legal Profession. It is produced by Genevieve Antono (Harvard Law ’22) as her student fellowship project with the Center on the Legal Profession.
The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA), represents the interests of over 60,000 Asian Pacific American (APA) legal professionals and nearly 90 national, state, and local APA bar associations. NAPABA is a leader in addressing civil rights issues confronting APA communities. Through its national network, NAPABA provides a strong voice for increased diversity of the federal and state judiciaries, advocates for equal opportunity in the workplace, works to eliminate hate crimes and anti-immigrant sentiment, and promotes the professional development of people of all backgrounds in the legal profession.