Federal Judicial Internships Available
The Honorable Dora L. Irizarry, U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of New York, currently is accepting applications for Fall 2022 Internships.
- Must be a rising second or third year law student.
- Must have good grades.
- Must have good research, writing, and analytical skills, although participation in Law Review or a Journal is not a prerequisite.
- Military and/or other life/career experience is a plus.
- Must be vaccinated fully against COVID-19 (including a booster shot).
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, interested law students should forward their application package in PDF format via email to email@example.com.
- One-page cover letter briefly describing your background, why you are interested in a legal career and setting forth why you are interested in interning for Judge Irizarry specifically.
- Law school transcript. Self-prepared transcripts will not be accepted.
- One recent writing sample no longer than 10 pages. Journal or research articles will not be accepted.
- Two to three reference letters.
The deadline for receipt of materials is May 13, 2022.
Please note that, while these are not paid internships, the Judge will participate in any appropriate sponsored program that provides academic credit or stipends for interns.
If you have further questions, please contact chambers at: 718-613-2150.