AABANY members are invited to volunteer to serve as judgers and jurors for the High School Mock Trial Program, scheduled for May 20th and 21st. Volunteers can earn three (3) CLE credits in the category of skills.
The upcoming Empire Mock Trial program brings together 600 remarkable high school students from 23 states for a national mock trial competition. Not only is the experience enjoyable because the students are talented, but the case is topical and interesting: it is an original fact pattern inspired by the Alec Baldwin shooting on the Rust movie set.
- Trials take place at 10 AM and 3 PM on Saturday (5/20) and Sunday (5/21);
- Lawyers don’t need to leave the comfort of their own home (or office) because the trials are all online;
- If a lawyer signs-up with a friend, we can ensure that they judge together;
- To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Trial(s) that you’d like to volunteer for:
- Saturday AM (5/20), Saturday PM (5/20), Sunday AM (5/21), Sunday PM (5/21)
- Role preference: judge, juror, either
- Relevant litigation or mock trial experience