A National Day of Service coordinated by
South Asian Americans Leading Together (SAALT)
Saturday, October 6th, 2012
What is Be the Change?
Be the Change is an annual national day of service, coordinated by South Asian Americans Leading Together (SAALT) that is held on campuses and in cities across the country. Be the Change is designed to meet Mahatma Gandhi’s inspirational challenge to “be the change you wish to see in the world” and provide opportunities for South Asian community members, advocates and allies to build community through service, develop leadership skills, and engage in social change. This year, Be the Change 2012 is on October 6th and SAALT wants you to be involved!
In 2011, over 2,500 people volunteered at over 130 service sites in 80 cities and campuses across the country. Get involved now to bring Be the Change to your community this October!
Visit the Be the Change 2012 webpage for more information!
How can I get involved now?
Mark your calendar for Saturday, October 6th and join us as a campus/city planning team member or as a national partner.
- Coordinate a Be the Change event on your campus
- If your campus traditionally organizes a Be the Change event or if you would like to start one on your campus, please complete this form by July 6th.
- Coordinate a Be the Change event in your city
- Join or start a planning team in your city! Please complete this form by July 6th.
- Join SAALT as a National Partner for Be the Change
- National Partners assist with volunteer outreach, commit to participating in a Be the Change event, provide a Be the Change service site and/or contribute in-kind or financial donations to Be the Change. National Partner logos appear on national materials, including the website, flyer, and t-shirt. If your organization, business, professional association, or community group would like to partner with SAALT to support Be the Change 2012, please email us at email@example.com.
What does it mean to be part of a BTC planning team?
As a member of the planning team, you will be coordinating service events, recruiting volunteers and connecting with other planning teams around the country. SAALT will send you a planning guide and provide you with support from the national level.
Main roles/responsibilities of each planning team
- Organize a kick-off ceremony with one or more inspirational guest speakers
- Secure local service projects for your event volunteers
- Recruit volunteers to participate in your Be the Change event
- Coordinate logistical planning for your Be the Change event, including finding a kick-off venue, obtaining in-kind food donations, arranging for speakers, maintaining the budget, etc
- Communicate regularly with SAALT
Are you ready for Be the Change 2012?
Sign up here to join a planning team for your campus or your city!
If you have any questions or inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.