Webinar: The Challenge of International Judgment Enforcement
Join The Asian Lawyer and Kobre & Kim LLP for a Live Webinar. AABANY’s Advisory Committee Member Michael Kim is a featured speaker.
Asset recovery and judgment enforcement with an Asian angle can be challenging. This seminar will focus on how to leverage combined action in Asia, the Caribbean and the U.S. to achieve effective outcomes for clients.
Topics covered will include:
- Sequencing enforcement in key Asian jurisdictions, to leverage intra-Asian judgment enforcement treaties;
- Using interim remedies (injunctions, discovery orders, etc.) in the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, and other offshore financial centers;
- Using discovery procedures available through the U.S. court system to assist international actions;
- Seeking assistance from U.S. and other governments known to be aggressive in international asset forfeiture; and
- Applying best practices in preparing for and managing the unique investigative demands of foreign asset recovery.
Find all the details for this program and register here.