ICLP enhances the capacity of people working to lead change in immigrant communities across the five boroughs. Using NYC as a classroom, ICLP participants gain a deeper understanding of policy and decision making in the city, the skills to effectively lead change in their organizations and communities, and a network of engaged and influential alumni to support them in reaching their goals. Participants develop a Community Change Project that seeks to strengthen their immigrant community so that the impact from their participation goes beyond the training room.
What is ICLP?
Coro’s ICLP offers something you can’t find in any other program. It delivers a unique, civic style of leadership – one that’s built on understanding complexity, listening to multiple perspectives and leading change. Simply stated, participants hone the skills needed to get things done in a complex environment. This is valuable for community-based organizations and non-profits who increasingly have to navigate the intersection of community and government.
Approximately 20 active and engaged community members working to bring about improvement and change to the city’s immigrant communities are competitively selected to participate each year. ICLP participants meet July through April.
- Work in New York City for an organization supporting immigrant communities.
- A vision for change and a defined Community Change Project that seeks to strengthen immigrant communities.
- Passion and curiosity about developing new leadership skills essential to problem solving in New York.
- Interest in actively participating in the Coro community and ICLP alumni network.
- Minimum of five years of professional work experience, preferably serving immigrant communities.
Questions? Please visit the ICLP website for more information. Read the current cohort’s bios and Community Change Projects. Here are a brochure and a program calendar you can print. Application page is here. Deadline of application is Monday, June 8th. Apply now!
You may also contact Bino Realuyo, Director, ICLP at email@example.com