I. Scholarship Details:
Scholarships are for high school seniors entering college in the fall.
To apply, from the Student & Parents Tab, click the login button to set up an account and create your profile. Once you create a profile, you can match to and apply for our scholarship and other scholarships as well.
A. Seven Four-Years Scholarships for $1,000 per year. (Total is $4000)
B. Two Four-Years New Immigrant Scholarships for $1,000 per year. (Total is $4000)
Application Method: Complete all required sections of online scholarship application and submit one letter of recommendation.
Distribution Method: A check will be sent directly to the college or university to assist the award recipient with tuition expenses.
Scholarships will open for application April 13, 2015 and close on May 17, 2015.
Scholarship focus: Merit (Academic) Scholarship
II. Selection Criteria To Be Considered:
- Must be a full-time student.
- Evidence of student’s outstanding academic performance. Must have a 3.5 or higher GPA.
- Extracurricular/Community Service: Should have participated in school clubs or community.
- Leadership: Show leadership either in their extra curricular activities or in winning awards.
- One letter of recommendation: Must provide letter of recommendation from someone who has personal knowledge of the student such as a teacher or student advisor.
- Personal statements describing the students goals and aspirations and unusual circumstances.
- Financial needs will be considered based on FAFSA EFC and college financial aid award letter.
If you have any questions on the scholarship application, please contact us at:
Thanks to Tina Lee, President of Chinese Dollars for Scholars, for the information!