NYS Courts E-Filing Resource Center
The training is offered by the New York State Unified Court System’s E-Filing Resource Center. Learn how to E-File documents from your office or personal computer. The one-hour online sessions will take place on April 30, May 28, and June 11. Pre-registration is required at www.nycourts.gov/efile. Click on “Register for Training” and you will receive confirmation via email with a link to the online session prior to the training date. These are general classes that offer no CLE credit.
Visit the calendar of the E-Filing Resource Center for a complete list of sessions offering CLE credit.
Benefits of E-Filing and the NYSCEF System:
- A case can be initiated and post-commencement documents filed and served via NYSCEF from anywhere with internet access at any time on any day, even when the courts are closed.
- Multiple attorneys working on a case can view the file simultaneously and from different locations.
- Round the clock access to case files allows for more effective time management and responsiveness to clients’ needs.
- Document storage is simplified and expenses reduced. Filing fees can be paid on-line with a credit or bank card.
- E-filed documents are electronically served on all participating parties, thereby reducing service expenses.
- The system provides immediate e-mail notification of all filings, including court orders, judgments, and decisions, which are available on-line.
- The docket is clear and easy to work with. The system is easy to learn and simple to use.
- In the proper case, the system can safeguard confidential personal information by restricting online access to counsel of record and unrepresented parties in the case.
- There is no charge to use the system – whether for filing documents, accessing the e-docket, serving documents through NYSCEF, or printing documents from it.
For more information:
Frequently Asked Questions
Thanks to Andrea Garcia for the information!