Join NAPABA and its partners to elevate the voices of the Asian Pacific American community and protect voting rights. Be a part of the 2016 National Asian American and Pacific Islanders Presidential Town Hall in Las Vegas and learn how you and your affiliate can host voter protection trainings and monitor elections.
1) 2016 Presidential Town Hall | Aug. 12 | Las Vegas
Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote and the Asian American Journalists Association are co-hosting the 2016 Presidential Town Hall, which NAPABA is joining as a National Partner.
- Since 2008, the Town Hall has served as a non-partisan forum for Asian Pacific Americans to discuss issues relevant to our communities and ensure that our concerns are addressed and by campaigns and the media. By giving presidential candidates a forum to directly address AAPI community members, leaders, and organizers, the Town Hall has become one of the few spaces that allows candidates to speak directly to AAPIs, about AAPIs.
- Reserve your seat, book a room, and learn more HERE.
2) NAPABA Voter Protection Training (CLE) | Aug. 13 | Las Vegas
As part of the 2016 Presidential Town Hall community programming, NAPABA will be offering a CLE about non-partisan voter protection and poll monitoring. Participants will learn from experts from the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF) and Asian Americans Advancing Justice – LA about how to monitor elections for compliance with the federal Voting Rights Act, including ensuring language access, and how to prepare other attorneys to engage in voter protection work. The CLE is free and open to the public.
- When: Saturday, Aug. 13, 2016 | 2-5 p.m. PDT
- Registration information coming soon.
3) Host a Voter Protection Training
Teach your members how to protect the rights of voters, including individuals who are limited English proficient, on election day. NAPABA affiliates interested in hosting voter protection trainings in their communities may apply for Affiliate Grant programs to help cover costs associated with the trainings. Partner with advocacy organizations such as AALDEF and Asian Americans Advancing Justice affiliates (AAJC, ALC, Atlanta, Chicago, and Los Angeles) to help provide technical assistance to voters.
- Apply for an Affiliate Grant and learn about partner organizations HERE.