Due Monday, May 22, 2017 | 5 p.m. EDT
Each year, the NAPABA Awards Committee reviews the pool of well-qualified NAPABA members and selects an individual to be nominated on behalf of NAPABA for the ABA Spirit of Excellence Award. Most recently, NAPABA nominated Hon. Jacqueline Nguyen and Peggy Nagae, both of whom were honored with this prestigious award in 2015 and 2017, respectively. The Awards Committee now seeks nominee recommendations for consideration of the 2018 award.
The Committee is looking for NAPABA members who have:
- achieved professional excellence in their fields;
- served as role models in overcoming hardships or barriers and achieved success and excellence in the legal profession;
- influenced racially and ethnically diverse individuals to pursue and/or to succeed in legal careers;
- opened doors, broken down barriers, or otherwise promoted the full and equal participation of racially and ethnically diverse individuals in the legal profession; and
- worked with or on behalf of racially and ethnically diverse lawyers from racial or ethnic groups other than their own.
Please e-mail nominee recommendations to NAPABA Membership Manager AuriaJoy Asaria at firstname.lastname@example.org by5 p.m. EDT on May 22, 2017. You will be notified if the NAPABA Awards Committee selects your recommendation for nomination.
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association | 1612 K St. NW, Suite 510 | Washington, D.C. 20006 | www.napaba.org