Since 2014, AABANY has sought to recognize one law firm each year for its extraordinary efforts to improve the diversity of our profession by presenting AABANY’s Law Firm Diversity Award. The 2020 AABANY Law Firm Diversity Award will be presented at the Annual Dinner on February 26, 2020.
Nominees should be a law firm that has achieved significant success in the areas of recruiting, retaining and promoting women and diverse attorneys while also demonstrating a commitment to raising awareness of, and influencing the legal community to address, the challenges faced by women and diverse attorneys in the legal industry. Criteria for selection include:
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity at all levels of the firm;
- An established pipeline of diverse talent;
- A track record of retaining and promoting women and diverse attorneys;
- External activities, such as active participation in minority bar associations like AABANY and diversity programs of mainstream bar associations like the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, New York City Bar Association, and New York County Lawyers Association;
- Any other factors the selection committee deems valuable in promoting AABANY’s mission.
The AABANY Law Firm Diversity Award recipient will be chosen by a selection committee through a competitive and confidential process.
If you know of any firms that should apply please forward this email and direct them to this link for the form: https://www.aabany.org/resource/resmgr/lfda/LFDA_2020_SUBMISSION_FORM_FI.pdf
Deadline: January 30, 2020.