In order to help public interest lawyers attend the ACS National Convention, ACS will again be making available a limited number of fellowships for attorneys working in the government and public interest sectors. The 2015 ACS National Convention will take place at the Capital Hilton in Washington, DC from June 11-13. Recipients will receive a combination of registration for the Convention, lodging at the Capital Hilton and/or a stipend for travel.
The ACS National Convention provides unparalleled networking opportunities for progressive lawyers. There will again be dedicated networking time following each panel discussion and fellowship recipients will be able to meet leaders from their respective practice and geographic areas. In order to strengthen ties between fellowship recipients and ACS, we require that fellowship recipients join ACS and complete at least three of the following in the coming year:
- Join a lawyer chapter board
- Organize a new lawyer chapter
- Speak to a student chapter
- Write an ACS blog post
- Recruit five new paid ACS members at any level
- Volunteer for Constitution in the Classroom
- Organize a lawyer chapter event
- Mentor an ACS affiliated law student or young lawyer
- Host a mentorship dinner during Convention
- Host an out-of-town student during Convention
To apply, please click here and complete the simple online application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and will be accepted until April 15, 2015, or until filled. Please share this information with public interest attorneys who may be interested in this opportunity.
ACS National Convention
June 11-13, 2015
1001 16th Street, NW
2015 Fellowship Applications Accepted Until: Wednesday, April 15
To apply, please click here.