On Wednesday, April 27, AABANY’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring Law Committee, Membership Committee and Career Placement Committee presented a career panel on bankruptcy and restructuring law at Weil, Gotshal & Manges. Moderated by Jessica Liou, Associate at Weil, Gotshal and Co-Chair of Bankruptcy and Restructuring Law Committee, the panel first provided an overview of bankruptcy and restructuring practice from the legal, business and judicial fronts. The panelists were:
- Shanshan Cao, Managing Director, Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
- Robin Chiu, Director, Goldin Associates
- Hon. Melanie Cyganowski (ret.), Member, Otterbourg P.C. and former United States Chief Bankruptcy Judge (EDNY)
- Adi Habbu, Vice President, Distressed Credit Trading, Barclays Capital
- Joseph Smolinsky, Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
After the panel discussion, attendees broke up into smaller groups to ask questions directly of each of the panelists.
Thanks to the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Law Committee for organizing the event and the Career Placement Committee and Membership Committee for co-sponsoring. Thanks to Weil, Gotshal for hosting and providing food and drink for all the attendees. Thanks especially to the panelists for their insights and knowledge that they shared with an appreciative and attentive audience.
For more information about the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Law Committee, visit http://aabany.site-ym.com/?353 where you can also find contact information for the co-chairs. We look forward to more events from this committee during the year.