AABANY made a strong showing at the NAPABA 2016 Convention in San Diego, held from Nov. 3 through 6. Thank you to everyone who represented AABANY and made the NAPABA Convention a truly great time for everyone. We were part of a record-breaking year that drew some 1900 attendees from around the country.
We are very proud of Presiding Justice Randall Eng, one of NAPABA’s Daniel K. Inouye Trailblazers this year. Among NAPABA’s Best Under 40 were Past AABANY President and Judiciary Committee Co-Chair Linda Lin and Military & Veteran Affairs Committee Co-Chair Brian Song. Congratulations as well to former AABANY interns Chris Arcitio and Anna Chen for making it to the quarter-finals during the Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition at the NAPABA Convention.
Thanks to Judge Denny Chin and Kathy Hirata Chin’s leadership, we also premiered our latest trial reenactment This is Our Land: Oyama v. California.
Other panels including AABANY members were:
- Affiliate Leadership Summit – Ratcheting Up – Yang Chen
- How Solo & Small Firms Can Leverage Arbitration’s Tools and Flexibility to Manage Cost and Efficiency – Theodore Cheng
- The Art of the Cross – Joseph Centeno
- A Portrait of Asian Americans in the Law – Jean Lee, Don H. Liu
- General Counsel Roundtable – Dwight Yoo
- And Justice for All: Asian Pacific America LGBT Immigrants’ Rights – Glenn Magpantay
- When Pride Meets Prejudice: Employment Rights for LGBTs in the Workplace – Concepcion Montoya
- Effectively Dealing with Shareholder Activists: Lessons Learned from the Trenches – Don H. Liu
- Pearls of Wisdom From Asian Pacific America ‘Firsts’ on the Bench – Doris Ling-Cohan
- Employment Mediations Demystified – Christopher Kwok
- The ‘It’ Factor – How Impressions Make a Difference – Lawrence Wee, Susan Shin
- How to Get Clerkships – Doris Ling-Cohan
- An Informal Conversation with Asian Pacific American Federal Judges – Kiyo Matsumoto
Click here to see our photos from the weekend on our Facebook page.