Congratulations to NAPABA on a successful National Convention in Austin, Texas. Affiliates from around the country gathered to celebrate with NAPABA at its 31st Anniverary Gala Dinner held on Saturday night, Nov. 9, in the Grand Ballroom of the JW Marriott in Austin. Comedian Sheng Wang hosted the evening, and the Keynote Speaker was Chef Kristen Kish, owner of Arlo Grey, in conversation with restaurant critic Soleil Ho. Congratulations also to all the honorees who were presented with awards at the Gala:
- Military and Veteran Service Award – Capt Lia Mitoko Reynolds
- APA Owned Law Firm Award – Willenken LLP
- Law Firm Diversity Award – Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
- Pro Bono Award – Karen King
- Women’s Leadership Award – Debbie Shon
- Presidents Award – Dale Ho
AABANY was honored to be presented with the Affiliate of the Year Award. Read more about that here.
AABANY members could be found filling a few tables at the Gala Dinner … but where was Executive Director Yang Chen? He was unable to attend due to a scheduling conflict. That did not stop Membership Director Beatrice Leong from creating a cardboard version of our ED to attend the Gala and then join the AABANY group photo at the NAPABA Convention. Thank you, Beatrice!