FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Thursday, May 21, 2015
Report shows imbalance in City’s contract awards and dollars to Asian American organizations.
WHO: Asian American Federation
WHAT: The Asian American Federation will release a new analysis of contracts issued by New York City’s social service agencies for the past 13 years. The report will show that despite Asians now making up close to 15% of New York City’s population, the contract dollars received to serve the Asian American community is less than 1.4% of the contracts and only 3% of the contract dollars given by city agencies.
WHEN: TUESDAY, MAY 26TH, AT 11 AM
WHERE: Asian American Federation Conference Room
120 Wall Street, 9th Floor
- Linda Lee, Korean Community Services of Metro. New York
- Shao-Chee Sim, Charles B. Wang Community Health Center
- Hong Shing Lee, CMP
- Mohammad Razvi, Council of Peoples Organization
- Grace Shim, Minkwon Center for Community Action
- Tenzing Chadotsang, Chhaya Community Development Corporation
RSVP by no later than Tuesday, May 26th, at 8 AM. RSVP is required for security desk purposes.