KALAGNY – 2016 NAPABA Northeast Regional Conference
The ‘Business Case’ for Diversity & Inclusion: Lessons Learned from In-House, Government, and Law Firm Counsel
Today’s economic climate is one of constant change. Increased regulatory compliance, technological innovation, low interest rates, and other factors have together created a highly challenging business environment. In order to remain competitive, companies and law firms are placing a growing emphasis on legal teams that are resilient, creative, and diverse. Governmental entities are also beginning to recognize the importance of diversity and inclusion in their recruiting efforts.
This panel discusses the growing awareness that diversity and inclusion are not only helpful, but also critical towards the success of an enterprise. Senior in-house, government, and law firm counsels will discuss how staffing diverse legal teams has driven superior business results and contributed towards their organizations’ success. This panel will also discuss unique opportunities that exist for teams that can successfully apply diversity and inclusion to their practices. Finally, the panel will also discuss how APA attorneys may position themselves to identify and help meet these needs, stepping forward as leaders during this critical juncture.
- Sahang-Hee Hahn, Esq., Assistant Vice President and Counsel, MassMutual
- Dwight S. Yoo, Esq., Partner, Skadden Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Austin K. So., Esq., General Counsel, Chief Legal Officer & Secretary, StoneMor Partners L.P.
- Sonia Low, Esq., General Counsel, The ONE Group Hospitality, Inc.
- Jimmy Yan, Esq., Special Counsel to the Chief Investment Officer & Deputy Comptroller for Asset Management, Office of the New York City Comptroller Scott M. Stringer