On Thursday, May 17th, 2018, AABANY held a General Counsel Panel and Reception at Arnold & Porter. The panel discussion, moderated by Michael Wu, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary at Carter’s, included:
- Lucy Fato, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of AIG;
- David G. Leitch, Global General Counsel of Bank of America;
- Sandra Leung, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Bristol-Myers Squibb;
- Kelly Mahon Tullier, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Visa; and
- Bradford Turner, Chief Legal and Administrative Officer of Newell Brands.
During the discussion, the panelists shared their experiences and expertise on various topics focusing on how in-house counsel can be more effective in working with their respective companies. Panelists expressed the importance of cohesion between companies and their in-house counsel and the role of in-house counsel as a company’s “sounding board,” someone reliable and honest that the company can look to for advice. The panelists concluded with a discussion on the importance of diversity and inclusion and their roles as general counsels in advancing diversity and inclusion in their respective workplaces.
Thanks to all the panelists for an engaging and enlightening discussion, to Michael Wu for moderating, to Jeff Ikejiri, AABANY’s Co-VP, Programs and Operations for helping to organize the event, and to Susan Shin and Arnold & Porter for hosting. Thanks to everyone that came out to make this event successful and memorable.