February 18th, 2016 at 7:00PM
Croton Reservoir Tavern, 108 West 40th Street NYC
Get Your $10 Ticket Here
We want to invite you out for a night of drinking and yelling that we’re hosting alongside our bros at Dealbreaker.
Joining Dealbreaker’s Thornton McEnery and Above the Law’s Elie Mystal on the panel will be Cornell Law School professor Robert Hockett and Reuters’ hedge fund reporter Lawrence Delevigne. Come drink and bitch and moan about the vague and irrational threats being thrown at Wall Street by the menagerie of candidates currently running. Think of it as a boozy safe place to defend your role in the destruction of America. And tell your friends! Tickets are $10.
Thanks to our friends at SoFi who are covering the drinks!
On October 2nd, 2015, Above the Law will host its inaugural Academy for Private Practice conference at the Westin Times Square in New York City.
A full-day conference, APP will offer practical solutions and expert insight on meeting the challenges of starting and optimizing a solo or small firm practice. Whether you are a Biglaw attorney seeking to break out, an entrepreneurial solo looking to innovate and grow, or a law student aiming to bring value to potential employers, this event is for you.
From the outset, attorneys striking out on their own face an array of urgent questions. APP attendees will learn how to reengineer workflows to avoid time consuming and duplicative tasks so they can focus on what actually matters: client service and business development.
What you can expect:
- Keynote speakers include Ed Waters, CEO of Fastcase and Monica Bay, journalist, lawyer and consultant
- Expert insight on how to best leverage technology to automate and streamline your processes to increase profitability, improve client relations, and decrease stress
- Interactive workshops that combine case studies and practical tips on blogging for business, financing, cybersecurity, eDiscovery, technology integration, research resources, and more
- Panels with experienced authorities such as Carolyn Elefant, Jeff Bennion, Niki Black, Gaston Kroub, and Nicole Bradick focused on business development, maximizing resources, and workflow in the cloud
- • 5.5 CLE credits FREE
Space is limited for this event and registration is expected to fill up quickly. Click here to register.
On March 18, 2015 in New York City, Above the Law will host CONVERGE — a conference designed for attorneys as well as law firm communications, marketing, business development, public relations, and technology professionals.
CONVERGE will feature a series of panel discussions on a full range of challenges and opportunities facing the legal industry, including:
- communications strategies
- emerging technical trends
Justin Smith, CEO of Bloomberg Media Group, will deliver the opening remarks for the conference. Panels will be CLE-accredited by Marino Legal and CONVERGE’s continental breakfast and luncheon will offer a great opportunity to network with other attendees.
We are proud to co-sponsor this event, and happy to share a 15% discount code for all AABANY members. Early Bird prices last until Feb. 13. To register, please click here.
For 15% off registration, please use Promo Code: AABANY15 on EventBrite.
We look forward to converging on the intersection of technology, digital technology, and the practice of law!